Nissan Kicks has proven itself to be a great subcompact crossover SUV. It comes with many great features such as a good road presence, luxurious leather-wrapped interiors, and a nice deal of warranty and ownership. But did you know that it also comes with cool intelligent features, including engine remote start? We've created this article for you to share with you our findings about this specific feature.
There are two ways to ways to remote start your Nissan Kicks:
- Using your key fob
- Using Nissan Remote Start App on your phone
In this article, we will further discuss how you can remote start your Nissan Kicks. We will also teach you what to do when your remote start is not working. Read on to find out.
Before you continue reading, let us say we hope you find the links here useful. If you purchase something through a link on this page, we may get a commission, so thank you!
How to Remote Start Your Nissan Kicks
As mentioned earlier, there are two ways to remote start your Nissan Kicks engine. This feature provides great convenience and comfort for car owners. But how do you activate and use remote engine start?
How To Use Your Key Fob To Remote Start Your Nissan Kicks?
Here is a simplified list of instructions:
- Make sure your car is within your view.
- Press the lock button on the key fob.
- Within five seconds, hold the engine start button for at least two seconds. By this time, the engine will start. The car's heater and air conditioner will begin to run.
- The engine will run for 10 minutes before turning off.
- If you want to extend your engine start, just press the engine start button again. This will extend the engine running for 10 minutes more. After which, the engine will automatically turn off.
How To Use the Nissan Remote Start App to Start Your Nissan Kicks?
Here is a list of the process you must do before you can use your phone to remote start your engine:
- Download the NissanConnect Services app on your phone. This app is available both in Playstore and Appstore.
- Open a MyNISSAN Owner Portal Account. In this step, you need to set up a PIN that enables you to start or stop your car.
- Once your account is approved, you can use the Nissan Remote Start through the app to command your engine to start.
- Similar to when using a key fob, just press the start engine button again if you want to extend your engine start. This will extend the engine running for 10 minutes more. After which, the engine will automatically turn off.
Advantages of Remote Engine Start
It is no denying that car remote starters are one of the hottest automotive innovations of our time. That is why it is no surprise that it is becoming a common favorite for car owners.
Here are just a few of the many advantages of remote starting your car:
- It's convenient to use. When using your key fob, you only have to be within 15 to 60 feet from your vehicle. As for your phone app, you can use it to start your engine remotely from the comfort of your home or your workplace.
- You can set your car's temperature so that by the time you're sitting in the driver's seat, you won't be feeling too cold or too hot.
- Remote start also gives your vehicle extra time to reach normal operating temperature and optimal startup conditions.
- You can integrate a security feature to come along with the remote engine start feature.
- Once you have activated the NissanConnect Services app on your phone, it comes with other features too! You can now easily activate most of your car's intelligent features using your touchscreen!
- You can easily monitor your car's movements if your remote starter comes with a GPS tracking feature. Other than this, you can easily find your car in crowded parking lots.
- Last but not least on the list, having a remote engine start feature can help you impress your friends, colleagues, and family.
What To Do When The Remote Start Is Not Working?
There are several reasons why you might not be able to start your car's engine remotely. That's why it is important to figure out what could be causing it and what specific steps to take about it.
Check Remote Instructions
You must be following the proper instructions on how to remote start your Nissan Kicks. Understand when you're supposed to just press or hold a certain button. You might also want to make sure that you are following the proper sequence of buttons.
Sometimes, what you simply need to do is replace your key fob's batteries. Just make sure you have installed them properly. If, in some case your key fob still isn't working, it might be because your car's onboard computer has reverted to factory settings.
Reprogram Your Remote
As mentioned earlier, a battery replacement will require you to reprogram your key fob. If you're having trouble re-pairing your device, you might want to resort to replacing your car key remote.
Close Your Hood
One more reason that prevents your car from starting remotely is an open hood. Make sure it is not open by opening it and closing it again. Let it fall on the last few inches so that its weight will provide enough force to bring it down.
You might also want to check if the hood pin is working properly. Once you have done all of these, try remotely starting your car again.
Address The Check Engine Light
This precaution is similar to the open hood override. Your car will not remote start if the check engine light is on. This prevents the engine from accidentally starting when the car is being serviced to prevent any untoward additional repairs on your car.
What Other Nissan Models Come With Remote Start?
- Nissan Titan
- Nissan Pathfinder
- Nissan Murano
- Nissan Rogue
- Nissan Rogue Sport
- Nissan Versa
- Nissan Maxima
- Nissan Sentra
- Nissan GT-R
- Nissan Altima
- Nissan 3702
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Should I Do If I Lost My Key Fob?
In the unfortunate event of losing your key fob, you can simply ask for a replacement, whether it's from your manufacturer or a specialized auto locksmith.
To have your key fob replaced, you must first get your vehicle information. You should know the make and model of your car, including the VIN. The latter is important in auto key programming as it's not as simple as duplicating a physical key.
Once you have the necessary information, call an auto locksmith and provide them with details. It is important that you find a reputable and reliable locksmith. Make sure to verify their experience and reputation to ensure your key is in good hands.
Other than that, if feasible, you might contact your car manufacturer about the process of getting a new key fob for your car.
How Many Times Can You Remote Start Your Car?
You can remote start your car as many as you want. However, the most time you will most have it running without touching your car after the engine start is at 20 minutes.
How Do I Know If My Car Has Remote Start?
Not all cars come with a remote start feature. To find out if your car has a remote start option, first, take a look at your key fob. If it has a button with a curved arrow, then your car is equipped with a Remote start.
How To Start Your Nissan Kicks With a Dead Key Fob?
Having a dead-key fob is unfortunate. But there is a way around it so you can enter your car and start your engine.
Flip your key fob over, then push the small release latch. It conceals an emergency key from the bottom of the fob. Once you find it, use it to unlock the driver's door and enter your car.
Now to start your engine, check for a key fob port. Afterwhich, insert the fob in the port and tap the brake pedal and clutch while pressing the "START/STOP" button. If your car does not have a port, you'll have to step on the brake or clutch while pressing the key fob against the "START/STOP" button.
If this does not start your Nissan engine, you might be having a different issue at hand. You may want to contact a mechanic or have a professional take a look at your car.
The remote car engine start is definitely an intelligent feature that makes Nissan Kicks one of the best SUVs out there. It is only one of the many features that makes it a great ride.
Here are other additional articles that may help you get to know more about your Nissan Kicks.