If you’re looking to buy a new Ford F150, the overall length of the truck is an important factor to consider. We’ve done some research and compared different options to help you find the right F150 for your particular needs.
Ford offers various cab configurations and bed lengths for the 2019 F150, with the overall lengths ranging from 209.3” to 250.5”.
If these numbers already seem overwhelming, don’t worry. Keep reading, and we’ll break this information down to make sure you fully understand the different length options.
Truck Length Breakdown
Cab configuration and bed length are the variables that determine the truck’s overall length.
Ford has done a good job of providing information about these different options on their website. However, while this is a great reference, the numbers and terminology used can be confusing for the average truck buyer, so we’ll make it easy for you.
Truck manufacturers measure this data in inches, so we’ll discuss all measurements in inches for simplicity.
The Regular Cab is the smallest cab offered in the F150. In this configuration, think no back seat with just 2 doors. An F150 with the Regular Cab offers 2 different bed length options.
- Equipped with a 6.5 foot bed, the truck’s overall length is 209.3”, making this is the shortest F150 configuration available.
- Equipped with an 8 foot bed, the truck’s overall length is 227.9”.
The SuperCab is the next step up from the Regular Cab. This cab includes a small back seat with 2 main doors and 2 smaller back doors. F150s with this cab can be equipped with 3 different bed sizes.
- Equipped with a 5.5-foot bed, the truck’s overall length is 220”. However, it is important to note that this setup is only available with the F150 Raptor model.
- Equipped with a 6.5-foot bed, the truck’s overall length is 231.9”.
- Equipped with an 8-foot bed, the truck’s overall length is a whopping 250.5”. This is the longest F150 configuration available.
The SuperCrew is the largest of Ford’s cab configurations. It offers a spacious back seat and four full-size doors. Two bed length options are available with this particular cab.
- Equipped with a 5.5-foot bed, the truck’s overall length is 231.9”.
- Equipped with a 6.5-foot bed, the overall length is 243.7”. Given how big the SuperCrew Cab is, this bed size is the largest one offered in this configuration.
For more information, check out the Ford F-150 Specs on the manufacturer’s website.
To give you an idea of how the 2019 F150 compares to its competition in terms of overall length, we’ve gathered the specifications of the F150’s biggest industry rivals, the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and Ram 1500. These specifications are listed below.
Smallest Cab Option
- For 2019, the Ram 1500 is not offered in this particular cab configuration.
- With the smallest cab size, the Silverado’s overall length is either 210.7” to 229.5” depending on bed size.
With this cab size and when equipped with the longer bed, the Silverado is the longest when compared to the F150 and Ram.
Medium Cab Option
- With this setup, the Ram 1500 has an overall length of 228.9”.
- The Chevrolet Silverado’s length is 231.8”.
With this cab size and when equipped with the longer bed, the F150 is the longest when compared to the Ram and Silverado.
Largest Cab Option
- With the largest cab option, the Ram 1500 is either 232.9” or 241.8” depending on bed size.
- With its largest cab option, the Chevrolet Silverado 1500’s length is either 231.7” or 241.2” depending on bed size.
With this cab size and when equipped with the longer bed, the F150 is again the longest when compared to the Ram and Silverado.
If you’re interested in these specifications, you’re likely trying to decide on a truck that’ll give you plenty of cab and bed space while still being able to fit in the garage.
Having calculated the difference between each truck’s longest and shortest models, the Ford F150 offers the most variety in terms of different lengths to choose from.
In conclusion, we hope this guide simplified the truck shopping experience by breaking down the intimidating figures associated with truck shopping.