Setting the clock on your Ford Transit Connect is quite easy. You don't have to worry about complicated steps, and we've researched the complete guide to help you out.
Follow these steps.
- Turn on the vehicle.
- Press the MENU button.
- Press SET TIME to adjust the hour and minutes.
- Select the SET DATE to adjust the date.
- Choose between 24-hour and 12-hour time formats.
Continue reading this article as it will show you the importance of setting the clock on your Ford Transit Connect. You'll understand more details about its system, and how to activate its features.
Before you continue reading, let us say we hope you find the links here useful. If you purchase something through a link on this page, we may get a commission, so thank you!
How To Set The Clock On A Ford Transit Connect
As with all cars, it's important to set the clock on your Ford Transit Connect to ensure the correct time and date. Seeing the time and date allows you to monitor the actual driving time and arrive at your destination on time.
This will help you estimate the amount of fuel by setting how many hours you've been driving so that you'll avoid running out of fuel in the middle of the road.
You need to access the computer system in the dashboard. Ensure that the car has battery power to navigate the screen properly.
1. Turn On The Vehicle
Ensure that you have enough fuel to turn the unit on. Simply insert and twist the ignition key and allow the engine to start.
2. Press The MENU Button
There should be a MENU button on the control panel of the car.
3. Set Time
Press the SET TIME option. Then, press the up and down arrow to navigate between hours and minutes.
4. Set The Date
Input the date depending on your location.
5. Select Format
Choose between a 12-hour or 24-hour format.
Here is a video demonstration for you:
What Power Does The Clock Use?
The components on Ford Transit Connect, such as the digital clock, use the battery as a power source. The battery usually lasts for 3-5 years.
There are stores out there that offer free testing of the battery. However, it's best to purchase the actual battery from Ford and its authorized store outlets.
You can refer to these steps for testing the battery:
- Turn off the engine and wait at least five minutes to discharge the remaining electrical power.
- Locate the battery on the front hood. Use the key to open it.
- Clean the surroundings of the battery with a dry cloth.
- Prepare the multimeter and set it to 20 volts.
- Wear gloves for safety.
- Point the red probe on the positive terminal, while the black probe on the negative terminal.
- Read the multimeter. If it shows around 12 to 13 volts, then the battery is still okay to use. However, if the voltage is too low, it is an indication to change the battery soon.
- If it is the latter, remove the protective thread on the rear and front of the battery.
- Loosen up the nuts on positive and negative terminals, then pull the battery out.
- Insert the new battery properly into place. Make sure it aligns with the positive and negative terminals.
- Secure the battery in place with the nuts.
- Connect the negative terminal first before the positive terminal.
- Reattach the cables to the original locations.
- Start the engine to test the battery.
- Finally, proceed to set the clock.
Watch this video on replacing the battery:
Alternatives To The Car's Clock System
In case you need to monitor the date and time on your car, but the system isn't functioning at the moment, see below some quick alternatives to solve your problem.
You can put a physical clock on your car. Place it in the small compartment or near the window. It's good to use a digital clock for convenience, as it's easier to read for some people.
Most radio station hosts tell the time in the middle of the radio show. If you want to activate the radio on your Ford Transit Connect, simply do these steps:
- Find your car's radio code in the user manual.
- Turn on the ignition, then switch to ACC.
- Turn on the radio and input the code.
- Start listening.
Your phone is reliable in telling the time and date. Just be sure that it's synced to the local network provider for more accurate results. If you are driving, avoid looking at your phone while on the move.
How To Fix Frozen Screen On Ford Transit Connect
A frozen screen results from a system error that makes it unable to control or navigate. This is possible, especially when the vehicle is quite old or has been overused. Also, the system might be taking its time to process information.
You can fix it by rebooting the screen. The steps may differ on the model, but you can try these steps:
- Press and hold both the power and forward skip buttons to perform the reboot.
- Wait for the screen to refresh the display.
- Allow a few minutes before using the screen again, so that the system will complete the process.
To guide you, here's a video you can watch:
What Is A FordPass?
It's a software application that allows you to control and navigate some functions of the Ford vehicle remotely with a mobile phone or wireless device. This makes it convenient for you to do tasks such as set schedules and locate your car.
Simply follow these steps to use the FordPass:
- Browse your mobile phone or any device with an internet connection, then find the FordPass application.
- Check first the compatibility of the app on the device's settings.
- Download the app.
- Find the VIN or the vehicle's identification number. It's usually on the door jamb or dashboard.
- Launch the app and type the VIN on your device.
- Rename your vehicle, then select ACTIVATE.
- Start your vehicle and try controlling some features on the app.
How To Set Schedule On FordPass
Setting a schedule will automatically start your car, helping you to get ready even before you drive to work. To try this feature, simply follow these steps:
- Launch the FordPass app and navigate to the vehicle option.
- Tap the schedule in the selection then press ADD.
- Input the desired time and confirm it.
- Press REPEAT to choose the days in the week when you want the schedule to occur. Tap SAVE.
- Choose the time zone based on your schedule, then save to finish the setting.
FordPass Alarm System
FordPass has an automatic alarm system that notifies you through the app when the door is opened forcefully. It even triggers the alarm to get the attention of people around it.
This feature will save you from thieves or intruders trying to get your car. Even when someone removes the battery, the alarm itself has its battery to still send warnings.
Problems Establishing Wi-fi On Ford
If you're having trouble establishing the wi-fi in your Ford vehicle, check below some possible reasons and what solutions to consider.
A weak signal can be caused by many factors such as location, weather, or the network provider itself. Try going to other locations, especially near the city. Or allow the rainy weather to die down, for instance. Otherwise, you can contact the local network provider.
Low Battery Power
The wi-fi uses the battery as a source of power. Low battery power can end up with the loss of internet. Try testing the battery.
In case your Ford vehicle still doesn't connect with the wi-fi, then it can be a system error. You'll want to call the manufacturer to guide you in this issue.
Ford Transit Connect Warranty
The warranty grants your car a projection against manufacturing and workmanship defects. It may differ on the model, but Ford Transit Connect has a warranty of three years or 60,000 total mileage.
Some parts of your car are also covered by the warranty. It includes a 1-year free assistance in case of a vehicle breakdown.
To keep your warranty active, avoid repairing major parts by yourself without consulting the manufacturer. Altering the appearance can even disqualify your warranty, depending on the full details in the user manual.
This article discussed how to set the time and date on Ford Transit Connect, as well as some factors to consider when changing the settings. It also mentioned alternatives to the car's clock system and ways to troubleshoot an internet connection in FordPass.
Are you looking for more things to learn? You can find more here:
How To Tell If Hubs Are Locked On F250