Class A toy haulers represent a groundbreaking fusion of luxury and utility in the RV market. These innovative vehicles blend the opulence of Class A motorhomes with the practicality of a toy hauler, revolutionizing travel experiences.
In this guide, we will present the leading Class A motorhome toy haulers that are defining the industry in 2023 and 2024:
- 2024 Thor Outlaw 38KB and 38MB
- 2023 Newmar Canyon Star 3957
We'll explore their key features, offering insights into what makes each model unique and what to consider when selecting a Class A toy hauler.
Additionally, we'll address a frequently asked question: Is it possible to fit a car in the garage of these motorhomes? Let's get started.
Leading the Class A Motorhome Toy Hauler Market:
In the realm of Class A motorhome toy haulers, two manufacturers stand out for their innovative designs and quality craftsmanship:
- Thor Motor Coach: With their Outlaw series, Thor Motor Coach has become synonymous with the perfect blend of luxury living and practical utility. Their latest models showcase a commitment to elevating the RV experience.
- Newmar Corporation: Newmar is renowned for its exceptional build quality. Their offerings, such as the Canyon Star 3927, skillfully combine the elegance of Class A motorhomes with the versatile functionality of toy haulers.
These manufacturers have set new standards in the industry, offering a variety of specifications and features to cater to diverse preferences and needs.
Best Class A Toy Hauler Motorhomes
Thor Motor Coach and Newmar are at the forefront of the Class A toy hauler motorhome segment. Here's a look at their standout 2023 and 2024 models, highlighting their unique features and specifications.
2024 Thor Outlaw 38KB and 38MB
- Dimensions: Both models are 39'-10" long and 13'-3" high, with a GVWR of 26,000 lbs.
- Chassis and Engine: Built on a Ford chassis, they are powered by a 7.3L V8 engine, delivering 335 HP and 468 lb-ft of torque.
- Capacity and Comfort: Both models comfortably sleep seven and feature tankless water heaters and 35k BTU furnaces for all-season comfort. The 38KB boasts 141 cu ft of exterior storage, while the 38MB offers 105 cu ft.
- Unique Features: The 38KB is known for its state-of-the-art kitchen and modern entertainment system, while the 38MB stands out with its full wall slide, multifunctional garage, and patio.
2023 Newmar Canyon Star 3957
- Specifications: Length of 39'-11", height of 12'-11", and built on a Freightliner® MC chassis.
- Engine: Powered by a Cummins “B” diesel engine, offering 340 HP and 700 lb./ft. Torque.
- Living and Utility Spaces: The Canyon Star offers a range of floor plans with varying sleeping capacities. It features a diesel fuel capacity of 80 gallons, fresh water capacity of 75 gallons, and a 42,000 BTU furnace.
- Distinctive Features: This model is notable for its full-paint Masterpiece Finish™, versatile garage options, and modern amenities like the 9” Xite Dash Radio with Apple Car Play.
Each of these models from Thor Motor Coach and Newmar brings a unique blend of luxury, comfort, and practicality, catering to a variety of travel needs and preferences.
For alternatives, explore our guide on '11 Of The Best 5th Wheel Toy Haulers For Full-Time Living' to see how they compare.
Key Advantages and Disadvantages of Toy Hauler Motorhomes
- Garage Space: The defining feature of toy hauler motorhomes is the garage. It's specially designed for securely transporting outdoor gear like ATVs and kayaks, complete with tie-downs and reinforced flooring.
- Comfort and Luxury: These Class A motorhomes offer a luxurious experience with bedrooms, living areas, and kitchens. They boast high-end finishes and appliances, providing a comfortable, home-like environment.
- Spacious and Strong: Built on a larger chassis, they offer more room and can handle larger amenities. Their robust build is ideal for carrying heavy recreational gear.
- Versatility: The garage space is multifunctional, easily converting into an office, extra living space, or entertainment area. Many models feature adaptable spaces, enhancing their utility.
- Fuel Consumption: These motorhomes typically use more fuel, especially when carrying heavy loads, leading to higher travel costs.
- Drivability and Storage: Their large size makes them more challenging to maneuver and requires more space for parking and storage.
- Costs: Class A toy hauler motorhomes have a higher purchase price compared to standard motorhomes. They also tend to have higher operational and maintenance costs, including fees for larger parking and storage spaces.
Overall Considerations: It's crucial to balance these disadvantages with the benefits, considering your specific needs and budget.
Assess if the unique features of a toy hauler motorhome justify the additional costs and requirements.
Car Accommodation in Class A Toy Haulers
While Class A toy haulers are versatile, they generally cannot accommodate regular-sized vehicles in their garage space. Some models may allow for a small, lightweight car, but this is contingent on the toy hauler's specific weight capacity.
It's important to note that fitting a car might limit the space available for other recreational equipment. Therefore, when planning to bring a vehicle, ensure the toy hauler's specifications align with your needs without compromising other storage requirements.
Still curious about vehicle transportation? Check out 'Can You Put A Car In A Toy Hauler?' for more insights.
Choosing Your Ideal Class A Toy Hauler
Elevate your travel experiences with the right Class A toy hauler. Review their specifications and features to find the one that best fits your needs and lifestyle.